Monday, July 14, 2008

Today's cd/Amos Lee

Amos Lee, self titled
2005

I haven't been offering a 'today's cd' much lately, and I think it's because radioblogclub isn't going anymore. Every time I visit the site, they say, essentially, working on it - be back soon. But soon has turned into a long time. Just today I realized that it is fine to simply include a link and you can go listen for yourself if you are interested. So, you may expect a lot of music again. :<) When I watch a tv series on dvd, I keep a pad and pen in my little remote control basket, and every time I hear a song I like, I jot it down. Sometimes, they list it on the screen, and other times they don't, and then I write down a line or two and do a search later to see who did it. Anyhow, I've found a lot of great, great musicians this way, and Amos Lee is one of them. I love this album. I love his mellow, smooth voice, and his excellent words. He has two other cds, and I'm going to buy them both. You may go here to read more about this wonderful artist, and listen to some songs.

From All My Friends:

All my friends are dear to me
Oh when the storm comes they’re as close as family
All my friends are the ones I choose
Oh, if I hear them knockin’
You know I can’t refuse

We’ll face the winds that break the strongest of trees
Beckon for the sweet soft summer breeze.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nan: Amos Lee was last week in the Toronto area. My daughter attended one of his concerts in Kitchener, just west of Toronto. She is a big Amos Lee fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to see Amos Lee open for Bob Dylan last fall. I wrote up a post HERE. He was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big Amos fan as well. Have you heard Ray LaMontagne? If not, I think you'd like him. I remember Amazon described his music as "great for smoky Saturday nights and rainy Sunday mornings, and I think the same applies to Amos. I got on to Ray through NPR and especially enjoy his cd titled Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.