Monday, July 28, 2008

First yellow beans




As I picked the beans this morning, and also some other vegetables which were ready, I began thinking about how even eating is different in the summertime. We eat outdoors at either barbecues or picnics. We carry our coffee or tea outside in the morning. And at least in my case, I eat supper foods any time of the day. If there are beans ready for picking at 10 am, I'll have them for breakfast. I'll sit down and eat sautéed summer squash and onions morning, noon, or night. The season really is a vacation time for all of life's daily routines.

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful produce Nan, I love fresh grown fried squash too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love summer squash steamed with a little butter and sea salt and pepper-yummy! All your veggies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoy our summer weekend mornings sipping our coffee and reading the paper out on our deck. Not so much in the winter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I wish I like vegetables as much as you do...

    But, I did steal your blueberry picture farther down and use it for a post on blueberry soup in my blog. Come see if you want to try the recipe, and of course, I gave you credit for your picture. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.