Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Big Apple Circus

Do you know Grandma? If you do, then you've been to the wonderful Big Apple Circus. If you don't, I hope that one day it will be on tour in your area, and you'll get tickets. We've been going since our children were little and sitting on laps, amazed at what they were seeing.


Tom's mother always gathered the family together on a July afternoon in Lyme, NH. Because two cousin birthdays are in that month, we often had a little picnic on the Dartmouth Green in Hanover. Of all the childhood memories, I think this is one of the best and most important to our kids (and to the parents). As the years have gone on, it has been harder to get everyone together, and the last time we went as the whole big family was three years ago. A couple weeks ago, our daughter called and said, hey, what about the circus? Can we get tickets? And I got 'em! This time it was our immediate family, along with our daughter's boyfriend, and our son's friend. We drove down to an evening show, and the same old magic hit us as soon as we walked into that tent. I leaned over and watched the faces of all the twenty-somethings as they gaped in wonder at the acrobats and the juggler, and laughed at Grandma's antics. It filled my heart with joy and gratitude and the richness of life.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures of the kids!!!

    Oh, and I received the recipes you sent - thanks so much! I can't wait to try them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I went to a circus. I love those pictures of the kiddos. They were so little!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like fun. We have never been up there at circus time. My youngest and I will be going up a week from Friday to meet friends for a week at Post Pond. Am hoping that it's cooler there than here!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.