Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Finds/July 25

Here are my Friday Finds this week:

1. Judy left a comment a while ago, mentioning a book she thought I'd like:
Lost Hill by Dorothy Evelyn Smith. I've read Miss Plum and Miss Penny by her, and liked it very much, and I look forward to Lost Hill.

2. Because we just spent the weekend at The Balsams, I'd like to read A Last Resort by Mark Okrant which is set there.

3. We were told the room we stayed in was haunted, and though we didn't see a ghost, I searched around for a book which mentioned this particular ghost, and found:
Curious New England by Joseph E. Citro and Diane E. Foulds

4. Annette left a comment asking if I had read:
In Search of England by H.V. Morton. It's now in my shopping cart.

5. On Cornflower's online journal, I learned about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and knew I just had to read it. If the book is even a quarter as good as the title, I'll love it. It is also in my cart.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! I like how you've said where you heard of each title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned, Nan. I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and LOVED it!!!! The whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking, Nan is going to love this book! I'm sending my copy off to my mom, as I think she'll love it just as much as I did. I'll write my review on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.