Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Finds/July 25

Here are my Friday Finds this week:

1. Judy left a comment a while ago, mentioning a book she thought I'd like:
Lost Hill by Dorothy Evelyn Smith. I've read Miss Plum and Miss Penny by her, and liked it very much, and I look forward to Lost Hill.

2. Because we just spent the weekend at The Balsams, I'd like to read A Last Resort by Mark Okrant which is set there.

3. We were told the room we stayed in was haunted, and though we didn't see a ghost, I searched around for a book which mentioned this particular ghost, and found:
Curious New England by Joseph E. Citro and Diane E. Foulds

4. Annette left a comment asking if I had read:
In Search of England by H.V. Morton. It's now in my shopping cart.

5. On Cornflower's online journal, I learned about The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and knew I just had to read it. If the book is even a quarter as good as the title, I'll love it. It is also in my cart.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for playing! I like how you've said where you heard of each title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay tuned, Nan. I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and LOVED it!!!! The whole time I was reading it, I kept thinking, Nan is going to love this book! I'm sending my copy off to my mom, as I think she'll love it just as much as I did. I'll write my review on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.