Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lit Flicks Challenge


I am going to join a challenge which combines two things I love - books and movies. Here are the rules for the Lit Flicks Challenge:

1. Challenge runs from September 1, 2008 to February 28, 2009.
2. Read 5 books that have been made into movies.
3. Then watch at least 2 of the movie adaptations of the works you read.
4. Your list may change at any time and may include overlaps with other challenges.

I've chosen:

Howards End by E.M. Forster
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson
Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont by Elizabeth Taylor
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
To Have and Have Not by Ernest Hemingway

Go here to find out more or join!

4 comments:

  1. Nan, thanks for joining the Lit Flicks Challenge. I'm so excited to have you on board! Your list looks great. I can't wait to see your reviews, especially since I'm not that familiar with most of your list.

    Remember to check back at the beginning of each month for activities and giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea.

    I saw the movie, "Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont" and loved it. Didn't know it was a book. Made a note to myself to pick up a copy at the library.

    I enjoy seening the pictures you put up - The potatoes were so perfect and the clothes hanging on the line are drying beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont a few days ago and absolutely loved it! I saw in the credits that it was based on a book, and decided to keep my eyes open for a copy. I can't wait to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Howard's End - film and book - are both excellent. Anthony Hopkins, in the movie, is wonderful.

    And oddly enough I have Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont on my library pile at the moment. To the best of my knowledge I haven't seen the film.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.