Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cookie Tuesday - Vanilla Cookies



A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Unknown

I don't make cookies often enough. I did when the kids were little, I did before the kids arrived, but not now. Why, I wondered, and then I stopped wondering and just decided to make Tuesday my cookie day. And I have a little cookie pic on the sidebar. Take it if you'd like, and join me on Cookie Tuesday.

I'll start with the first kind I ever made for my children. They are quick, easy, and tasty. If you are in the mood for light, and not too sweet, these fit the bill.

Vanilla Cookies

1/2 cup soft butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Beat together first four ingredients, and then stir in flour.
Bake on greased cookie sheet, in preheated 350º F. oven for 10-15 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. These look like the perfect, simple cookies to accompany a cup of coffee or cocoa. I'm definitly going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These almost look like these! And, I agree with Alison. Perfect with coffee or cocoa (or even a tall glass of ice cold milk). Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan I plan on making these to have with my green tea or a glass of cold milk. Thank you for encouraging comment on my 5 month old journal. Where has the time gone.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.