Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Cookie Tuesday - Vanilla Cookies



A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Unknown

I don't make cookies often enough. I did when the kids were little, I did before the kids arrived, but not now. Why, I wondered, and then I stopped wondering and just decided to make Tuesday my cookie day. And I have a little cookie pic on the sidebar. Take it if you'd like, and join me on Cookie Tuesday.

I'll start with the first kind I ever made for my children. They are quick, easy, and tasty. If you are in the mood for light, and not too sweet, these fit the bill.

Vanilla Cookies

1/2 cup soft butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour

Beat together first four ingredients, and then stir in flour.
Bake on greased cookie sheet, in preheated 350º F. oven for 10-15 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. These look like the perfect, simple cookies to accompany a cup of coffee or cocoa. I'm definitly going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These almost look like these! And, I agree with Alison. Perfect with coffee or cocoa (or even a tall glass of ice cold milk). Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan I plan on making these to have with my green tea or a glass of cold milk. Thank you for encouraging comment on my 5 month old journal. Where has the time gone.

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.