Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Quote du jour/Michael Pollan


Yet as a general rule, it's a whole lot easier to slap a health claim on a box of sugary cereal than on a raw potato or a carrot, with the perverse result that the most healthful foods in the supermarket sit there quietly in the produce section, silent as stroke victims, while a few aisles over in Cereal the Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms are screaming their newfound "whole grain goodness" to the rafters.
Michael Pollan, In Defense of Food

4 comments:

  1. I have requested this book, at the library. Surely because I read of it, in your blog...

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quote made me smile!! I'll take a carrot or potato any day over Cocoa Puffs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to each of you. This is a great book, and it is already loaded with post its for my book report. As I look at shopping carts, I see much, much more of the processed 'foods' than real food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard this author on NPR and really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.