Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sunday Supper/Crepes


A surprising coincidence happened. Yesterday, Tom and I decided to start having our Sunday Suppers again; pancakes, waffles, bread pudding, that sort of meal. I had offered a few recipes but then for some reason we stopped making them on Sunday evenings. When we got home today, there was a comment on a posting telling me she missed the Sunday suppers. Amazing! Anyhow, tonight's recipe comes from a cookbook called Laurel's Kitchen Caring by Laurel Robertson. This is the same Laurel who did Laurel's Kitchen all those years ago.

Crepes

1 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 t. salt

Mix ingredients all together. The recipe says to let it sit, but we don't. Use a crepe pan, or a 7 inch skillet with sloped sides. Spray with cooking spray or use butter, and heat the pan over medium heat. Pour a little of the batter in the pan, then tilt and turn so the batter spreads into a thin, even circle. When the top becomes visibly dry (less than a minute) flip the crepe and brown lightly on the other side.

The cookbook says it makes about 12. We made 5. I think we have a larger crepe pan.

You may fill them with sautéed vegetables, or fruit or top with whipped cream or confectioners' sugar. Tonight we just used a little butter. Delicious any way you have them.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Nan: These look so good, I think I shall have to try them. Saturday seems to be our night for "Sunday Suppers".

    ReplyDelete
  2. How strange. My post of today was also about pancakes, and coincidences... what a (nother) coincidence.
    There's clearly something funny about pancakes... and I think I'll try your recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love crepes and haven't had them for so long - anyone remember that restaurant (I think a chain) called The Creperie (or was it La Creperie?)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna and Nancy, if you try them, I'd love to hear how you like them. Those blueberries sound so good.
    The elementary, I haven't had a chance to visit since last week. That is quite amazing!
    Susan, in Boston there was a place called The Magic Pan, and it was where our five month old daughter had chocolate mousse for the first time. :<) Not a bad way to start solid food, eh?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crepes look delicious and the book reommended.. Sundays In America...can't wait to read this one....Blessings for the day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me wish my children were still small and rushing in, hungry for pancakes on a Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, you just solved my 'what to have for supper' quandary! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.