Monday, August 13, 2007

Nice Matters


Just a few days ago, my old internet friend, Heidi gave me this award. It pleases me beyond words because I can't think of any adjective I like better. I like "nice." I like nice books and movies and music and painting, and especially I like nice people. I think there is enough "edgy" stuff in the world, and I like to focus on the softer, the kinder, the gentler. One of my favorite people, Theodore Roosevelt once wrote the following to his son, Kermit, in 1905 (!):

There is quite enough sorrow and shame and suffering and baseness in real life and there is no need for meeting it unnecessarily in fiction.

Well, this perfectly sums up how I feel, and not just about fiction.

And now, as with the Rockin' Girl Blogger award, comes a really hard part. Every single blog I read is nice. I don't read angry blogs or political blogs or controversial blogs. I like reading about nice people going about living their good, honest, cheerful lives. And I love that they share these lives with others via their blogs. I'm just going to list them, and let you go discover for yourselves the "nice" spirit of each of these people. I was supposed to award seven, but had to list ten. And really, I could have chosen a hundred. I'm not so good at doing this because I hate leaving people out or hurting anyone's feelings. That's the Pisces in me. :<)


A Fondness For Reading

atelier

Books and Cooks

Books Please

Cornflower

Keep The Coffee Coming

Lesley's Book Nook

Maude & Mozart

My Random Acts of Reading

The Quiet Country House

9 comments:

  1. Aww, you're too kind. Thank you, dear friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, thank you, what a lovely compliment. I would have chosen many of the same people you have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, Thank you! It is meaningful to get a "nice" award from someone so nice herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nan!!! That was so nice of you to nominate me! I agree with everything you said on your post. Thank you for such a lovely honor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, I was pleasantly surprised to see your note about the Nice Matters award in the comment you left at my blog. Thank you for thinking of me in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, sweet Nan. You didn't want to leave anyone out becasue you are so nice. I thank you so much. You know how important to me you are. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nan, thank you. What a lovely compliment, I am so honoured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nan, thank you so much for naming me for the Nice Award! I'm so pleased and honored to be included in your thoughts and on your list.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.