A Food Lover's Book Of Days
by James and Kay Salter
From a June 18 entry called Hospitality.
Places Not To Eat
Avoid, if possible, any restaurant that:
- Has glass atop the table
- Has waiters who tell you their names (nearly unavoidable in certain locales)
- Offers coffee when the menu is presented, except at breakfast
- Serves baked potatoes and/or butter wrapped in foil
- Allows any dishes to be cleared before everyone at the table has finished eating
- Makes you wait more than twenty minutes when you're on time for a reservation
While you are pondering this list, you might enjoy reading The Elementary's blog entry called Which Fish.