Monday, June 30, 2008

Book Passage/Life Is Meals

Life Is Meals
A Food Lover's Book Of Days
by James and Kay Salter

From a June 18 entry called Hospitality.

Places Not To Eat

Avoid, if possible, any restaurant that:

  1. Has glass atop the table
  2. Has waiters who tell you their names (nearly unavoidable in certain locales)
  3. Offers coffee when the menu is presented, except at breakfast
  4. Serves baked potatoes and/or butter wrapped in foil
  5. Allows any dishes to be cleared before everyone at the table has finished eating
  6. Makes you wait more than twenty minutes when you're on time for a reservation

While you are pondering this list, you might enjoy reading The Elementary's blog entry called Which Fish.

3 comments:

  1. I probably should read this one. I was just lamenting the other day that our social life revolves around dining. We live in a small rurual community and there aren't many recreational outlets. A movie, an occasional movie, but most of all meeting friends for dinner someplace or having them over for dinner. Who would have thought that life would come to this? ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Allows any dishes to be cleared before everyone at the table has finished eating" - This is one of my biggest pet peeves. I try to leave a little bit of food on my plate so it won't be cleared before those still eating. Unfortunately, that means I'm pestered with, "Are you done working on that?" which is my next big annoyance. "Working"??

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more with these, as well as with Les!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.