Friday, August 24, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Easy Blueberry Crunch




I'm using the last of this summer's fresh blueberries to make a delicious dessert. This is my standby, and really my favorite of all the blueberry recipes I make. It couldn't be easier, and it is simply scrumptious.

Easy Blueberry Crunch

Grease a 9 x 13 pan and add 4 cups of blueberries. Shake the pan a bit to even them out.

In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, and 3/4 cup oats. Melt 1/2 cup butter, and stir in. Drop mixture over the blueberries. Bake for about 45 minutes in a preheated 350º oven. You may serve it with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream or just plain. It makes a nice breakfast, too.

7 comments:

  1. Sheesh - that does sound easy - and delicious, too. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberries and oats...yum! I really like it as a breakfast idea, especially since I have homegrown blueberries in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a yummy recipe. My youngest daugher loves blueberries, so I'll give this one a go - thanks! So sorry to hear about MacIntosh, thinking of you
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a Crunch! Thank you for the recipe. I printed it out. Now, to get Blueberries and make one. :-)

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me! I made strawberry Cobbler for our dessert tonight. It looked so yummy, we had some at 4 pm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delicious is that! I just love blue berries, and the recipe I can do! Thank you so much for sharing... My break is coming to a close, but I just cannot help but take a quick moment just to see what you all are up to! Thanks Again....

    Hugs...

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this sounds delicious - and easy!
    I have to tell you about our lunch yesterday - sweet corn. Yes, cooked in the oven like you described in your post. It was wonderful!!! Thank you so much for sharing - it's now our favorite way to have fresh corn!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.