Friday, August 31, 2007

The Joy of Baking - Apple Buckle


This is my mother-in-law's recipe, and could also be called Apple Crisp. The original recipe calls for an egg, but I like it better without.

Preheat oven to 350º F.
Grease a 9 x 13 pan and put sliced apples on the bottom.

Mix together:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
some cinnamon
some chopped walnuts
1/2 cup melted butter

Pour over apples and bake about 45 minutes until browned and apples are soft. Delicious!! You could top with whipped cream or ice cream, but we ate it plain and it was just fine.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, yum! I'm definitely going to make this. But I think I'll wait until the first day of autumn. I'm still in the summer mode and have plans to make a peach crisp this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apples were from our tree! I'm not a big peach fan, sorry to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Apple Crisp. Always happy to find another recipe. Yummmmmmmmm....

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mari-Nancy, I have a few recipes I use, but this is one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nan, That looks delicious! I have plans to make an apple crisp as soon as we have enough apples ripe at the same time. I use a rolled oats "crumb" topping on mine, but yours looks very yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came over via my friend Mari Nanci's site for the recipe.

    Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious (so does your bread pudding but my husband doesn't like anything containing raisins). This fall-like apple crisp certainly came soon after all your wonderful blueberry recipes! Can you tell I'm lamenting the end of summer....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, Brenda.

    Tara, it seems like the summer fruits come right after each other and even overlap a bit. After I posted about the last blueberries, our neighbor called and said he had another quart! I think you could make the bread pudding without raisins just fine. You could add apples or blueberries or even chocolate chips.:<)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.