Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Finds/October 24

Lots of Friday Finds this week!

1. From Literarily's Friday Finds last week:

See You in a Hundred Years: Four Seasons in Forgotten America by Logan Ward.

2. From Reading Matters:

Pies and Prejudice: In Search of the North by Stuart Maconie.

3. From Geranium Cat's bookshelf:

No Cure For Death by Hazel Holt. I bought it at my local bookstore, and began reading it yesterday!

4. From the library, I borrowed The Lighthouse by PD James. This is her latest, but one.

5. My first Martin Edwards came in the mail, The Coffin Trail.

6. and 7. At the bookstore yesterday, I also bought:

At Large and At Small by Anne Fadiman, a book of essays.
Robert Frost, a life by Jay Parini.

Now I just need to find the time to read them all!

6 comments:

  1. Nan, I LOVE the photo in your header. Gorgeous!

    I'm looking forward to seeing how you like the Frost book.

    Shana
    Literarily

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I read a book an hour I wouldn't be reading fast enought to read my TBR pile and TBR list!

    I just posted my friday finds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a satisfying list - I hope you really enjoy all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read The Coffin Trail. Very atmospheric, very Lake Districty.

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're settling in somewhere for some serious reading.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Popping in to say Hello and note that you have a Martin Edwards to read. I think you will enjoy it, he has written three or four set in the Lake District up in the North of England and nice tight plotting and believable characters.

    I may not visit often but you are on my blogroll and I do love looking at your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.