Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday Finds/October 17

I found a book, and an author this week.

1. Uprising by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Here's a blurb:

This deftly crafted historical novel unfolds dramatically with an absorbing story and well-drawn characters who readily evoke empathy and compassion. Haddix has masterfully melded in-depth information about the history of immigration, the struggle for women's rights, the beginnings of the organized labor movement, and the horrific Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in 1911 within a narrative that will simultaneously engross and educate its readers.—School Library Journal

2. Martin Edwards. He writes British mystery books, which sound terrific, and also keeps a great blog.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting book - I look forward to your review!

    I'm making your Chocolate Fudge Pie today. This is probably the 5th time I've made it since you posted the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that into Historical Fiction. I love your pic of leaves for your header although you can't read your blog name over it.

    I just posted my first Friday Find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uprising sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nan. Thanks for mentioning my blog and I do hope you enjoy the books. As for chocolate fudge, I love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love coming here! I get so many wonderful book ideas and recipes! Thank you!

    Happy weekend from Edward and Me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've just discovered Martin's Daniel Kind books set in the Lake District. Unputdownable!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.