Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Cookie Tuesday - Sour Cream Chocolate Chip


I love sour cream, and these cookies are simply delicious! The recipe made 42 cookies, though I probably ate 3 or 4 as batter. Yum! If you weren't in the mood for chocolate chips, I think they'd be equally fantastic plain.


Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 pkg (11.5 ounces) chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350º F.

Beat sugar, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and egg in electric mixer on medium speed.
Add the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough about 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown.
Cool 1 to 2 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to cool completely on wire racks.

7 comments:

  1. Sour cream in chocolate chip cookies?? Wow. Must try this one of these days. You do some amazing baking Nan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan I am in the process of getting my ingredients ready for these cookies. My 3 year old is with me today and I told her we are baking cookies. I told her she could have one. She said "grandma I want 2"
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comments like these keep me posting recipes! Honestly, I can't thank you enough. I am thrilled to share recipes that people will actually make for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used sour cream in cakes, but never in cookies. I can't wait to try these. I'll bet they're so moist and delicious. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can you please post what you reckon to be the best choc chip cookie recipe ever

    we have arguments in this house over this topic, your help would be much appreciated, we will try the sour cream one soon

    many thanks and do come visit my site
    http://arcadianadvocate.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan
    here it is years later,
    son visiting from Thailand
    and I am going to make these cookies
    once again
    I thank you....

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.