Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Catherine Goldhammer book!

Perhaps you have read, Still Life With Chickens which I wrote about here. Well, I am so very pleased that the author, Catherine Goldhammer, has written a new book. Here is what her email said:

I'm writing to let you know that my new book, Winging It: Dispatches from an (almost) empty nest, has been published this October. Still Life with Chickens was a 'starting over book,' and I guess that an empty nest is a way of starting over, too.
As I wrote this new book, I thought it would be about me and my daughter and our growing independence from each other. It also turned out to be a chance to look at the life I lived before I was a mother, and the life I might have now that my daughter is off at college, and how all of these threads weave together. It was a great experience to write it, and I hope that if you read it, you will enjoy it.

Best wishes,
Catherine

You may sign up for her emails at her site.
I am thrilled and am going to buy it posthaste!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think of the new book. I have Still Life with Chickens in my stack by my bedside. I plan to read it this winter. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of them, but have to remember my TBR list when I go to the library, or the bookstore, or order online. I often have only one book in mind and then get home and think about what I could have looked for.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.