Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday Stroll/October 5


Today's stroll is entitled, lookin' down. That's where the color is now. There are still some leaves on the trees but the peak foliage is over. Even the leaves on the ground aren't as bright as they were. Each year, peak color comes at just about the same time. We've always said that it is a rare Columbus Day weekend when there is much color left on the trees. I feel badly because a lot of tourists show up, and must feel disappointed.




You may stroll over to Aisling's and see what early October is like in the rest of the world.

2 comments:

  1. Nan, you must be about two weeks ahead of us, because we usually think of Columbus Day as the peak, and on Halloween I remember the children scuffing through all the fallen leaves when they trick-or-treated. Ours are just starting to turn here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Nan. I think we're still a few days away from peak color here. Columbus Day Weekend is good color-touring time here.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.