Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Celebrity


My son, hangin' with the celebs. :<) This is a cell phone photo my boy sent to us. A while ago, Justin Long was at his college, along with Kal Penn and Olivia Wilde. And since then, he went to an Obama rally, and ran into Bill Murray.

Let's see, my only brushes with fame and celebrity, other than shaking Dennis Kucinich's hand, happened in my college days; sharing a dorm with Carl Reiner's daughter/Rob Reiner's sister, and hanging out with Todd Rundgren's sister. The latter impresses my son, the musician, no end, particularly because she gave me a drawing she did of John Lennon because she thought it looked like Tom.

4 comments:

  1. Count me impressed with all...but mostly with Todd Rundgren's sister. I'm such a fangirl, love seeing him in concert whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny to see dennis's name - as a clevelander we see dennis all the time! last sighting was a sing out the vote concert - I even put up a photo of dennis with the musicians on the mouse last week!

    celebrity is such a strange phenomena. you named four celebs your son met - none of the names except for bill murray was familiar to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, Todd was just beginning as a musician at that time, and his sister brought a bunch of us to a place to hear him, and we were among a very few there!

    Kimy, he's my hero, my example, my hope. As long as he is in the world, I'm happy - he and George McGovern. I knew about the concert since I'm on his mailing list. Wish I could have been there.
    Justin Long is the fellow in the Mac/PC commercials- he's the Mac guy. He is also in the latest Die Hard movie. Penn and Wilde are two of the young doctor hopefuls in House, MD. Penn is also in the Harold and Kumar movies. Wilde was in The Black Donnellys on tv, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photo! And how neat your son had so many celeb sightings in such a short period of time! I've never had a celeb sighting of my own, but my husband and I enjoy playing "Star Search" in restaurants for look-alikes!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.