Thursday, May 3, 2007

Today's cd/Te Deum


John Rutter/Te Deum and other church music/1990

A few years ago, on a spring morning, a classical music station played one of the most beautiful songs I had ever heard called I Believe In Springtime. This was my first introduction to John Rutter, and I have since bought a few of his cds and plan to buy more. Even if one is not a churchgoer, I think this cd would be appealing. The voices, the words, the music itself are as lovely to me as birdsong or the peeping of frogs in spring. Rutter seems to have a cheerful outlook, a love of life which comes through in his songs, and I think this joy shows in his face.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what joy on the face, and in that song! Just makes you happy to listen to it, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd love the cd, Grace. The voices are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.