Saturday, March 31, 2007

Today's cd/Ground Force


Black Dyke Band, composed by Jim Parker/Ground Force/1999

For a long time, I was a faithful viewer of Ground Force. We no longer get the channel, BBC America, so I don't know if it is even still on, but what a wonderful program it was. Though my house and garden aren't like the ones featured in the show, I got many, many ideas. I love Alan Titchmarsh, and all the others on the show.

This band was featured on one of the programs. As I mentioned once, my husband loves brass band music, as do I. One of the (very) many things I love about Britain is the town brass bands. The songs are delightfully titled with many of them in tribute to the hardworking cast; Tommy Tiger, Charlie's Water Music, Whippoorwill, and The Titchmarsh Warbler. This is a wonderful album for Saturday afternoon listening as I work around the house.

2 comments:

  1. I have not seen Ground Force in awhile. Their shows were great and I loved it when they came to the US. There was one show where they did a ruin in someones backyard.
    Awesome result.

    BBC America has such great shows. I like their Cash in the Attic so much better than the American version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me miss the station. Thanks for stopping by and for both your comments. Come again!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.