Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Today's cd/Brazilian Sketches


Jim Tomlinson/Brazilian Sketches/2001

My first introduction to jazz was the 1964 release, Getz/Gilberto. I had never heard music which affected me on such a personal, almost physical, level. I could feel the sunshine, the warmth, the sand on the beach. All these years later, it is still one of my favorite albums. Brazilian Sketches features many of the songs of Antonio Carlos Jobim.

And I love the saxophone. Jim Tomlinson is an excellent musician. I came to know him through his wife, Stacey Kent's albums. As he plays on her cds, she sings on his. They are the perfect musical combination.

This is a beautiful album for quiet listening, or playing at a get-together with friends. Every song is lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for commenting, Bonnie! Aren't you lucky to have gone to that concert, AND have a song dedicated to you. Wonderful music. So pleased you like Stacey Kent!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.