Friday, April 25, 2008

Garden Notes/Peas, first planting

Today I planted two 25-foot rows (two 1 ounce packets) of Green Arrow peas bought from High Mowing Seeds, in an E-W double row (bucking the traditional wisdom of N-S rows). The plan is to put in another two packets in ten days - Cinco de Mayo! - to prolong the eating time of wonderful fresh peas.


  1. I think I'm used to Esther now. She just surprised me a little the first time she popped up!

  2. That's so cute, Joyce. Just like you might say if you came over to my real house, instead of my blogging house. :<)


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.