Friday, May 11, 2007

A walk on nature's wild side


Do you suppose if Wordsworth had written about a host of golden dandelions, this lowly flower might be better loved?



Trout-Lily or Adder's-Tongue. I love both these names.




Ferns unfurling. Don't they look like some kind of pods in a horror movie?



This is called Juneberry, Shadbush, Serviceberry. Around here when we see the blooms it means the arrival of black flies.



Yellow bedstraw. Another great name. A bit on the weedy side but the leaves and the flowers to come are beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Loving your pretty photos. Guess spring has finally sprung at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dandelions, they are so colourful, I like to see them in my garden. They are nice in salads too!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.