Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rhubarb Bars


Rhubarb Bars

1 cup flour
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups finely chopped rhubarb

Combine 1 cup flour and powdered sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press into greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake at 350º F for 15 minutes or until light brown around edges.

Beat eggs and stir in 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and salt. Add vanilla and rhubarb. Put over bottom crust. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.

I got this recipe years ago online, and made it for the first time today. It is delicious! Plenty sweet to balance the rhubarb tartness.

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I would love to try these. I haven't had rhubarb since I was about 5 years old, and at the time couldn't grasp why it was so prized because it was very *bitter* to a little girl with a sweet tooth!

    I would love to try baking with it, now, as an adult!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan,
    Off topic, I know, but just a quick note to say I finished and passed on Cottage for Sale. I loved it and was thrilled to recognize so many places. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you add strawberries or plenty of sugar, I bet you'll love it Lizzie. Please post any recipe you make on your blog. I'm always looking for new rhubarb desserts.

    Kat, I thought you might get a kick out of the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious, Nan! I love rhubarb! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best recipes I've tried, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.