Saturday, March 3, 2007

Lemon Daisy Cake



Mix together:
2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Beat 1/2 c. softened butter until smooth. I use the KitchenAid mixer. Then add:
1 1/2 c. sugar, and beat another 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add:
1 t. vanilla, 3 T. lemon juice, and zest of one lemon.

Beat in:
4 eggs, and 2 egg yolks.

Turn down the mixer speed, and add the flour mixture alternately with 1 c. milk.

Spoon the batter into the greased pan, and bake in preheated 325º F. oven for about 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.

Cool in the pan on a cooling rack about 10 minutes, Then invert the pan, and lift it off the cake.

Pour over the top a glaze made from:

1/4 c. water
2 T. lemon juice
1/3 c. sugar


This is a wonderful cake, both in looks and in taste. If you don't have one of these pans, I think it would work well in a 9x13 pan or as cupcakes.

4 comments:

  1. This looks quite yummy and I love the design from the pan. I have a bundt pan that has an intricate design, as well. I'll have to bake a cake so I can post the picture! I think Rod got the pan for me from Williams-Sonoma. I'll have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bundt pan! My daisy pan came from Williams Sonoma, one of my favorite stores to visit. The lighting is wonderful and the colors are so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the pan. The cake sounds yummy but I want a special pan for the special cake!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.