Thursday, October 9, 2008

Quote du jour/Samuel Butler

The oldest books are still only just out to those who have not read them.
Samuel Butler

I went over to a used bookstore today and dropped off two big bags of books I had cleared off my shelves. Why did I buy them? No clue. Anyhow, I thought I'd look around for a bit, and came home with seven books for $7.50. Such a deal! And three of my favorite writers, Faulkner, Benchley, and Stout. The other one, The English Past by A.L. Rowse looks like a treasure.

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote! So true.
    Also, I found an old copy of The Bachelor Brothers and snapped it up! I've never heard of it before, but I do so love the quote here on your blog. I'm looking forward to reading it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pamela, I think you'll love it. There's a sequel that I didn't care for so much, but that first book is wonderful. I did a 'book report' on it. If you want to read it:
    http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/2007/12/book-reportbachelor-brothers-bed.html

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.