Monday, October 27, 2008

Quote du jour/Andy and Barney


Opie asks Andy at the dinner table if they are rich or poor.

Andy: I'd say we're better off than a lot of people. Got a roof over our heads; Aunt Bee [sometimes I see it spelled Bea] - finest food you ever put in your mouth; Barney for a friend. Yeah, in some ways I'd say we are rich.

Barney: You see, Opie, it ain't only the materialistic things in this world that makes a person rich. There's love and friendship. That can make a person rich.

4 comments:

  1. Just like in "It's a Wonderful Life" when brother Harry makes the toast to "my brother George, the richest man in town."
    I'm such a sap for a corny line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to show this to my teenage son! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious what you thought of the Ron Howard election clip I sent you. You can email me about it, if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.