Monday, October 27, 2008

Quote du jour/Andy and Barney


Opie asks Andy at the dinner table if they are rich or poor.

Andy: I'd say we're better off than a lot of people. Got a roof over our heads; Aunt Bee [sometimes I see it spelled Bea] - finest food you ever put in your mouth; Barney for a friend. Yeah, in some ways I'd say we are rich.

Barney: You see, Opie, it ain't only the materialistic things in this world that makes a person rich. There's love and friendship. That can make a person rich.

5 comments:

  1. Just like in "It's a Wonderful Life" when brother Harry makes the toast to "my brother George, the richest man in town."
    I'm such a sap for a corny line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to show this to my teenage son! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truer words were never spoken. Amen, Barney Fife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious what you thought of the Ron Howard election clip I sent you. You can email me about it, if you like. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.