Thursday, October 23, 2008

New Catherine Goldhammer book!

Perhaps you have read, Still Life With Chickens which I wrote about here. Well, I am so very pleased that the author, Catherine Goldhammer, has written a new book. Here is what her email said:

I'm writing to let you know that my new book, Winging It: Dispatches from an (almost) empty nest, has been published this October. Still Life with Chickens was a 'starting over book,' and I guess that an empty nest is a way of starting over, too.
As I wrote this new book, I thought it would be about me and my daughter and our growing independence from each other. It also turned out to be a chance to look at the life I lived before I was a mother, and the life I might have now that my daughter is off at college, and how all of these threads weave together. It was a great experience to write it, and I hope that if you read it, you will enjoy it.

Best wishes,
Catherine

You may sign up for her emails at her site.
I am thrilled and am going to buy it posthaste!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what you think of the new book. I have Still Life with Chickens in my stack by my bedside. I plan to read it this winter. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both of them, but have to remember my TBR list when I go to the library, or the bookstore, or order online. I often have only one book in mind and then get home and think about what I could have looked for.

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.