Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cookie Tuesday (a day late) - Lemon Bars



I love lemons. I love anything lemony from cookies to cake to cocktails. The first thing I do in the morning is drink a glass of warmish water with half-a-lemon squeezed into it. I've heard it's good for digestion, but I just plain like it. Seems like a nice, gentle way to ease oneself into the day. This week's cookie is one of my favorites.

Lemon Bars

Crust:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar

Topping:
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Preheat oven to 350º F.

To make crust:
Mix together first three ingredients with a fork or the mixer until crumbly.
Press into an 8 inch square pan and bake for 20 minutes.
Crust will look white. Do not brown!

Mix the rest of the ingredients in a blender or mixer until well mixed.
Pour over pre-baked crust.
Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Let bars cool before cutting.

7 comments:

  1. Fuzzy slippers, Christmas books, AND lemon bars?? Are trying to kill me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I love lemon things also. Just another thing 2 Nan's have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I think I'd rather have something lemony than chocolate.

    md

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm, I love anything lemon, too. Those bars will be warming on my counter this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, got to try those, they like scrumptious. Autumn resolution - must cook more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan
    I have so enjoyed your recipes in your sidebar.
    Now I don't have to look back through your archives for the ones I've made of yours.
    Tell me, which is your favorite cookie, or do you have many favorites?
    Mim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished eating the batch that I made yesterday morning--very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.