Monday, October 20, 2008

Baked French Toast


Occasionally I buy some artisan bread at a co-op, and I needed to use up last week's so instead of "Muffin Monday" I made a baked French toast. An alternative title for the post could be, how sweet it is.

Slice bread into 1-inch thick slices; enough bread to fit in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. I put it in the pan to get the right amount, and then remove it.

Grease the pan with cooking spray.
Melt 1/2 cup butter.
Mix in 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Spread this mixture into the pan.

Beat 3 eggs, add 1 cup milk, and beat together.
Pour into 7 x 11 pan (or whatever you have).
Dip bread slices in the mixture and then place them in the larger pan.

You may refrigerate this overnight, for a few hours, or bake immediately for 25 minutes in a preheated 350º F. oven.

If you can take a little more sweetness, serve with warmed maple syrup.

Not a dish we have very often, but it is a real supper or breakfast treat when we do. Very, very good.

4 comments:

  1. Breakfast for dinner...one of life's pleasures.

    I gave your wonderful blog a wee shout out on mine today. I do love my visits here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, your baked French Toast looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, this looks delicious. When my little ones visit I bet they would like this. Beatrix Potter books were purchased for all of my children. Thank you for the comment about my old farm house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love French toast and I love eating breakfast food any time of the day. This looks so delish Nan!

    Sorry I have not been around lately. So much is going on here for us and I am online less plus not feeling well the last few weeks.

    Hugs ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.