Thursday, July 5, 2007

A warm movie on a cool, rainy summer night


What a wonderful, wonderful movie. It is comprised of many different glimpses of people in the various arrondissements of Paris. The connecting theme is love. There is young love, and older love, and mime love, and love of children. Most of the stories are light hearted, some are sad, all are thoughtful. We see Gena Rowlands and Emily Mortimer and Natalie Portman and Maggie Gyllenhaal and Juliette Binoche. And Bob Hoskins and Gérard Depardieu and Ben Gazzara and Nick Nolte and Steve Buscemi. And many other wonderful actors you may not have seen before but will certainly see again. Truly lovely stories all set in the city of love. We went with four other people and each of us came out filled with the wonder that comes from seeing an excellent movie. I loved it.

5 comments:

  1. This film sounds wonderful. I'll have to look out for it on DVD. As I do with most films, not getting out much except to see the G rated ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must somehow convince my dear husband to put this on his precious Netflix list for me.

    Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to see this movie!!!!!! Now it is a must see! Did I tell you we saw Sicko yesterday? It was very good, depressing, but good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara, I sure do remember those days, with much affection.

    Grace, have you seen that Netflix offers multiple lists for families?

    Laura, you will love it! I probably won't go to Sicko. Just too much for me, as are his other movies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is on my DVD rental list, Nan. I can't wait to see it after your glowing recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.