Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10 at the Farmer's Market




Ooh, first apples today! These are Honey Crisps. And check out that basil bouquet, as fragrant as any flowers. I'm going to make tabouli with the little tomatoes.

Mix 1 cup bulgur and 1 teaspoon salt.
Pour 1 cup boiling water over it, and let sit until water is absorbed.
Stir in:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic which has been put through a press
add parsley, mint, and tomatoes to suit your personal taste

We're also having baked potatoes topped with roasted garlic. Yum!

Addendum: Three days later: I just discovered a Farmer's Market blog. Please visit, and add your Farmer's Market visits, if you'd like.

3 comments:

  1. Honeycrisps are the best apples on the planet! Glad they are available to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Nan! I'm slowly growing my little blog, but I'd love to see it become a nice little piece of the blogosphere for people interested in eating seasonally and locally.

    This week I'm hoping to start adding Farmer's Market participants links and you'll be one!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.