Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quote du jour/Gladys Taber






The cool and sparkling days of September flow like golden wine into the bowl of autumn. I cannot have enough of each day; I try to measure out the minutes sparingly, for this is the time of enchantment. The leaves are turning, and I wonder whether I ever saw them before, for the colors are a new miracle of blended tones. Surely this year is a lovelier autumn; the maples have a clearer fire.
Gladys Taber - Stillmeadow Seasons, 1950

4 comments:

  1. Stunning photos! The last especially looks like the "fire" Gladys describes. I wonder if it actually is the kind of Maple called "Autumn Blaze"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. You are an amazing photographer - and cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Alison and Susie! Those are what we call, Red Maples or Swamp Maples. Susie, I'm not so amazing, honestly! I take a million pictures to get a few good ones, and I have very little idea of the buttons on my camera. Wish I did, but I'm not so good at reading manuals. :<) And my cooking is the simplest, most basic vegetarian kind. I wouldn't know how to put together those big dinners with meats and fishes. :<) But I thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful! Gladys Taber always makes me sigh, her words are so lovely. So are your photos!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.