Friday, September 26, 2008

Christmas Cookies


I do know it isn't December yet, but Susan asked if I had a recipe for cut-out cookies, and the one I have to offer is the one I use at Christmastime. This recipe makes about a dozen cookies, depending on the size of the cookie cutter. Today I just used my round one, made twelve cookies, and I had a little bit of dough left over which I promptly ate!

You may double or triple this recipe to make more cookies.

Christmas Cookies

1/2 cup soft butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
pinch of salt

Mix together, wrap in foil, and refrigerate for a few hours.
Roll out on a lightly floured board, and cut into shapes.
Bake on ungreased sheet, in a preheated 350º F. oven, for 5-10 minutes depending on thickness of cookie.

When cool, you may frost with a buttercream frosting. And at Christmas, I mix in food coloring.

For this small batch:

1/4 cup softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cups confectioners sugar
Enough milk to make it smooth

You will find the batter not too sweet, but when frosted the cookies are perfectly sweet and delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Nan, check out my Blog-you've won an award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look perfectly delicious just as they are! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. And I adore your new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan I have been going through a lot of your recipes. It is not to easy cooking for one. When family drops in easier.
    I can cut a lot of your main meal recipes in half.
    Today, the blackeyed peas, rice and I have fresh tomatoes onions and green peppers. Going to do it a little differntly.
    Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nan! That is so thoughtful of you!
    -Susan

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.