Thursday, December 13, 2018

May books

May - 3

22. The Native Heath
by Elizabeth Fair
fiction 1954
Kindle
finished 5/26/18
English writer/English setting

A most pleasant book. And I don't mean that in a derogatory way. I like the 1950s English setting. This isn't like a Miss Read book. I believe this one is thought of as "middlebrow" fiction. Miss Read isn't, to my way of thinking. She is more "topbrow" to me! However, I am able to enjoy both writers, and have bought another EF book for my Kindle.

21. A Murder is Arranged aka When Thieves Fall Out - book 8 (last) in the Inspector Richardson series
by Basil Thomson
mystery 1937
Kindle
finished 5/4/18
English writer/English setting

Another Basil Thomson! Oh, how I wish he had written more in this series. I love being within the pages, spending time with Inspector Richardson.

20. To Die But Once - book 14 in the Maisie Dobbs series
by Jacqueline Winspear
mystery 2018
Kindle
finished 5/1/18
English writer (who now lives in the US)/English setting

This particular Maisie Dobbs will always be very special to me, for I read it on the plane heading to Texas, and then spent one whole day reading on the porch where I stayed. A neighbor from the next room went by me a few times and said it must be a very good book, and I said it was! I don't know when I've spent a full day reading. The weather was fine, the scenery peaceful and beautiful. I also read when I was eating. Perfect!



2 comments:

  1. Aren't those orange chairs cute? You are reminding me to read the next Maisie Dobbs book, which I already have. I also have another Miss Read book waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every room had them. Such a fun, cool, retro place to stay. Lone Star Court in Austin, if you ever go there! I so love the Maisie books. And Miss R, of course!

      Delete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.