Thursday, December 13, 2018

June books

June - 5

27. Claws for Alarm - book 8 in the Gray Whale Inn Mystery series
by Karen MacInerney
mystery 2018
Kindle
finished 6/23/18
American writer/American setting

Another good installment in a favorite series. Always great recipes are offered, as the main character runs an inn on a Maine island.

26. Offstage in Nuala - book 3 in the Inspector de Silva series
by Harriet Steel
mystery 2017
Kindle
finished 6/16/18
English writer/Sri Lanka setting (Ceylon in the story)

Such a great new series! Highly recommended by me.

25. Dearly Beloved
by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
fiction 1962
print
finished 6/14/18
American writer/American setting

I've had this book on my shelves for years and I thought it time to read it. I found very good. The book is, as you might guess, about a wedding. The reader gets to see what each person is thinking and feeling. No wonder weddings are so emotional for all of us. A book well worth reading for any time and age.

24. Two Lives
by Reeve Lindbergh
nonfiction 2018
print
finished 6/8/18
American writer/American setting (other than descriptions of places her parents traveled)

As I have mentioned before, Reeve Lindbergh is one of my most favorite writers. I've loved everything she has written, and this new one is no exception. The "two lives" are the life she lives on her Vermont farm and her life as a Lindbergh. She came to my little town library and we so enjoyed her talk. She is completely engaging and unpretentious. She is someone you would like as a friend.

23. Dark Clouds Over Nuala - book 2 in the Inspector de Silva series
by Harriet Steel
mystery 2017
Kindle
finished 6/4/18
English writer/Sri Lanka setting (Ceylon in the story)

As I wrote before, I do love this series. It is rather my favorite kind of cozy mystery. Well described locale and an intelligent, kindly sleuth with a wonderful wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.