Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rhubarb Crumble Pie


This is a recipe I got off the internet ages ago. It is delicious! You could serve it with whipped cream or ice cream, if you wish.


Rhubarb Crumble Pie

1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted

3 cups diced rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon butter


Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and salt.
Stir in oats and 1/2 cup sugar.
Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
Pat half of the mixture into a greased 9-inch pie pan and set aside remaining half for the topping.
Arrange rhubarb in pie shell.
Mix together and sprinkle over the rhubarb:
sugar, cinnamon, and water and then dot with butter.
Spread remaining oat mixture over filling.
Bake for 40 minutes until rhubarb is tender.

If you are interested, there's a book giveaway going on through Monday.

12 comments:

  1. sounds good but I would definitely need the ice cream to sweeten things up a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Hip Chick, a cup of sugar isn't sweet enough for you? ;<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Nan: This looks so good. Our rhubarb is just about ready for picking, so I might give this a try. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...this looks and sounds so yummy. thanks 54 the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I pulled out my WW calculator and that stuff is worth like a gazillion points!!! I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unusual way to make a rhubarb crumble but I think it would work and be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, Diane, Staci, and Cath, thanks for coming by and leaving a note. There are lots more rhubarb recipes on the sidebar which you might enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have rhubarb growing at our house. My daughter loves to eat it raw--yuck! This sounds like a great receipe to try. Thanks! I found your blog through my friend Staci at Life in the Thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheryl, so nice of you to stop by and leave a note. As a kid, I loved to eat raw rhubarb. I wrote a little bit about this a while back:

    http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.
    com/2007/06/women-at-home-
    and-food-and-rhubarb.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snap. I made one last night with a big armful of rhubarb from the garden. My OH likes it with ginger, so I sliced up 2 knobs of preserved stem ginger to add, along with a spoonful of the stem ginger syrup. Scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always thought rhubarb sounds horrible. What is it with me? It goes along with things like celery root and eggplant....just never into rhubarb! Of course I've never tasted it....hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bovey Belle, I haven't seen a recipe with ginger, but I'll have to try it!

    Barbara, And I love it! You could check out the zillions of recipes on my sidebar and see if one appeals to you. :<)

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.