Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today's Christmas cd/Midwinter Night's Dream



Boys of the Lough/Midwinter Night's Dream/1996

Tom's choice today, and what a wonderful one it is! We saw this group a few years ago, and they were just terrific. Two of the members on this cd are still with the band today. There's a very good website. If you would like to hear some of this cd, you may get a flavor of the music here:

Sometimes I put A Midwinter Waltz on repeat and listen over and over to one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard.

A unique feature of the Boys of the Lough is that they are from England, Ireland, and Scotland, and each member brings his own country's traditions and music to the group.

The cover photo is of the Ring of Brodgar, Orkney Islands, Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.