Friday, December 1, 2006

Irish Ginger Snaps



I just made these delicious cookies for tomorrow's Christmas Tea and Sale at the local Episcopal Church.

Irish Ginger Snaps

Preheat oven to 350º.

Cream together 3/4 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat in one egg.

In a separate bowl, mix together:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. baking soda
1 t. ginger
1 t. cloves
1 t. cinnamon

Add to butter, sugar, and egg mixture.

Roll dough into balls, and then roll balls in granulated sugar.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheets about 5-6 minutes, or until browned.

2 comments:

  1. I've no idea. I got the recipe from cookie.recipe.com 8 years ago, and that is what they were called, so I've kept the name. They are truly a perfect cookie!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.