Thursday, December 14, 2006

Magic Cookie Bars



Doesn't chocolate go just perfectly with pizza? This recipe originally came from a friend of my daughter's when she was in elementary school. I think it has a lot of different names, but I'm quite fond of this one. They are "magically" delicious, and so easy to make.

Magic Cookie Bars

Turn oven on to 325º-350º. Put a stick of butter in a 9x13 pan, and put the pan in the oven. While it is melting, crush one of the inner packs in a box of graham crackers. Take out the pan, and sprinkle the crumbs over the butter. Then pour on a can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix together 1 cup coconut, 1 cup chopped walnuts, and 12 oz package of chocolate chips. Spread this mixture on top, and press down a bit. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Nan,

    We called these Magic Cookie Bars where I grew up too, but in my husband's childhood home they were "Santa Snacks."

    Yummy, whatever you call them!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.