Friday, December 22, 2006

Still reading

It may seem that I'm just listening to music, and doing Christmas things, but I am reading a few books, though slowly.



Rumpole and the Penge Bungalow Murders by John Mortimer/2004 is the book where we finally get to know about that early case of Horace Rumpole's of which he is so proud. I love it as I do all the Rumpole books. I told my husband that I could probably spend my reading life with Mortimer and P.G. Wodehouse and be perfectly happy.

A Three Dog Life by Abigail Thomas/2006 is a non-fiction account of a woman's life after her husband is hit by a car, and suffers alterations to his brain and his personality. Her great comfort comes from her dogs. She is very open and honest about her feelings, and is such a good writer.

One Fine Day by Mollie Panter-Downes/1946 details everyday life in an English household and village just after WW II. I heard about this one from another blogger, and I am enjoying it very much.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're enjoying "One Fine Day", Nan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nan, I got your comment on my blog and thought I'd "answer back" in a comment on yours...

    It is easy to join the book club. You just read the book we've selected for the month and post something about it on your blog and let me know via a comment on my blog when you have done so. Then I'll include a link to your entry in a post later in the month. Or, if you don't have time to read the book, you can post something related, like this month post about "My Favorite Plant". Count yourself as a member now!

    And Yes, please feel free to list my blogs on your blog, and I am happy to provide a reciprocal link to yours!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.