Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eating and drinking meme

This one is going around and I thought it would be fun to add my 2¢.


What did you eat/drink today?

Morning - plain homemade yogurt with blackberries, coffee with honey
Lunch - one piece homemade whole wheat toast with marmalade, fresh squeezed Temple orange juice
Started to eat parsnips, sautéed in butter, and realized that while I sort of like the taste, I do not like the stringiness, and will not eat them again. Substituted a mini cucumber with a little salt on it.
Supper - guacamole tacos, milk, lettuce, cosmo later
And 8 glasses of water during the day

What do you never eat/drink?

Meat, fish, cheese, beer

Favourite fail safe thing to cook (if you cook) or defrost if you don't

Always pasta and garlic sautéed in olive oil.

Complete this sentence: In my refrigerator, you can always find:

Milk, yogurt, eggs, butter, cheese, oranges, apples, kiwis (lettuce if not growing our own under lights)

What is your favourite kitchen item?

A tie between the toaster and the Kitchen Aid mixer and the little café press coffee maker

Where would you recommend eating out - either on home turf or elsewhere?

Honestly, I prefer eating at home, but there is a nice Italian restaurant where my son is at college which we enjoy

World ends tomorrow. What would you like for your last meal?

A big plate of homemade french fries, big glass of milk, lettuce

6 comments:

  1. I love that first picture! Icicles are otherworldly don't you think? LOL at your daily menu just because that is what I should eat but I really love, meat, cheese, beer and what was the other? I need to wean myself off them although I don't drink much beer, wine being preferred. The sky is beautiful on your hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me hungry! I eat and drink most everything. I should be more health concious. Sigh~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, you are a french fry fan! Steak Frites is the way 'steak and fries' appears on a French menu. I am not a big french fry person, but I love to eat this dish with really thin, crispy fries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Here is a link to a picture of a microplane grater. A mandolin is a slicer - for potatoes for example.

    http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/695436/2/istockphoto_695436_culinary_full_microplane_grater.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Layanee. I think it's just a matter of what one likes. Even as a child, before I was an official vegetarian, I didn't like meat or cheese, or fish, or beer. And I have loved french fries my whole life, so I haven't really changed so much. :<)

    Tara, thanks. I've heard those two words forever and just thought they meant the size of ff. I went to see the microplane grater. I think mine is called a box grater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I do have a mandolein, and love it for scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.