Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Eating and drinking meme

This one is going around and I thought it would be fun to add my 2¢.


What did you eat/drink today?

Morning - plain homemade yogurt with blackberries, coffee with honey
Lunch - one piece homemade whole wheat toast with marmalade, fresh squeezed Temple orange juice
Started to eat parsnips, sautéed in butter, and realized that while I sort of like the taste, I do not like the stringiness, and will not eat them again. Substituted a mini cucumber with a little salt on it.
Supper - guacamole tacos, milk, lettuce, cosmo later
And 8 glasses of water during the day

What do you never eat/drink?

Meat, fish, cheese, beer

Favourite fail safe thing to cook (if you cook) or defrost if you don't

Always pasta and garlic sautéed in olive oil.

Complete this sentence: In my refrigerator, you can always find:

Milk, yogurt, eggs, butter, cheese, oranges, apples, kiwis (lettuce if not growing our own under lights)

What is your favourite kitchen item?

A tie between the toaster and the Kitchen Aid mixer and the little café press coffee maker

Where would you recommend eating out - either on home turf or elsewhere?

Honestly, I prefer eating at home, but there is a nice Italian restaurant where my son is at college which we enjoy

World ends tomorrow. What would you like for your last meal?

A big plate of homemade french fries, big glass of milk, lettuce

6 comments:

  1. I love that first picture! Icicles are otherworldly don't you think? LOL at your daily menu just because that is what I should eat but I really love, meat, cheese, beer and what was the other? I need to wean myself off them although I don't drink much beer, wine being preferred. The sky is beautiful on your hill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making me hungry! I eat and drink most everything. I should be more health concious. Sigh~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, you are a french fry fan! Steak Frites is the way 'steak and fries' appears on a French menu. I am not a big french fry person, but I love to eat this dish with really thin, crispy fries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. Here is a link to a picture of a microplane grater. A mandolin is a slicer - for potatoes for example.

    http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/695436/2/istockphoto_695436_culinary_full_microplane_grater.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Layanee. I think it's just a matter of what one likes. Even as a child, before I was an official vegetarian, I didn't like meat or cheese, or fish, or beer. And I have loved french fries my whole life, so I haven't really changed so much. :<)

    Tara, thanks. I've heard those two words forever and just thought they meant the size of ff. I went to see the microplane grater. I think mine is called a box grater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I do have a mandolein, and love it for scalloped potatoes.

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.