Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Today's Christmas cd/Jazz for the Holidays

Jazz for the Holidays/2005

This is a great jazz collection from Martha Stewart Living Music. It includes older jazz like Winter Weather by Peggy Lee with Benny Goodman and Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt; and newer music like Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! by Chris Botti and I'll Be Home For Christmas by Steve Tyrell. I love collections of music for the variety of songs and also because so often they lead me to new artists. I ended up buying Botti's cd after hearing him on this one.

You may hear the music here.


  1. This sounds like a cd for me! I'll have to look for it. I just love jazz versions of Christmas songs. They are so festive!

  2. I really like Chris Botti and will have to check out the CD. Thanks for alerting me to this, Nan!

  3. Brenda, you and I share that love of old music and old movies, don't we?!

    Marcia, Botti's cd will be "today's cd" very soon. It is just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by.


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.