Thursday, December 21, 2006

Today's Christmas cd/Christmas Songs



Christmas Songs/2000

This is a very special, very wonderful collection of Christmas songs. Listening to it clears the head of holiday inner chatter. There are familiar songs, done in unfamiliar ways; and there are songs you may never have heard before. It is interesting and stimulating and relaxing all at the same time.



You may hear more, or buy it here.

But I haven't yet mentioned the very best feature of this cd - Stuart McLean's Polly Anderson's Christmas Party. This is, hands down, the funniest piece I've ever heard. I listen to it over and over and laugh every time. It is a bit like the old I Love Lucy shows in that we know what is going to happen yet we still laugh with delight when it does. McLean's "characters" are Dave and Morley and their kids, Stephanie and Sam. If you listen to Canadian radio, you know these folks. If not, you may go here.

The gist of the story is that Dave is asked to fill the adult and the children's punch bowls at a party. You can imagine what happens. "Come and get me, copper".

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.