Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Thirteen/Resolutions

For my Thursday Thirteen in between Christmas Day and New Year's Day, I thought I'd post my resolutions for 2007. They aren't in any particular order, and are just some things to work on in the coming year.

1. Get outdoors every day, even if only for a little while.
2. Spend more time reading.
3. Spend more of this reading time on my own books, and borrow fewer from the library.
4. Exercise every day.
5. Visit elderly friends more often.
6. Write more letters.
7. Spend less time on the computer.
8. Go to more movies at the movie theatre.
9. Lose about five pounds.
10. Call friends more often.
11. Clear out the cellar.
12. Clear out the barn loft.
13. Try to live by this wonderful Swedish proverb:
Fear less, hope more;
Eat less, chew more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Love more, and all good things will be yours.

6 comments:

  1. Nan,

    I love the Swedish proverb. My resolution last year was similar. I tried to focus on what I wanted to do more of, not what I wanted to stop doing. These were 4 of my "mores": More water, more fresh air, more movement, more music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great "mores"! Were you successful? I'm doing fine with your first and last (though I suspect you mean playing music, while mine is listening); it is the middle ones I must work on. I get "caught" doing too many indoor things and must let them go so I can spend more time outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nan, I did great in the beginning of the year with all of them... even the fresh air. In the summer, that was no problem either since I am an avid gardener.

    By more music, I actually meant playing & listening. The tv is on too often at my house, and I've always wanted a music house, not a tv house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect that will change when your kids are grown. :<) Ours is on now, only when we turn it on. Never during the daytime, and at night just for shows or dvds we want to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these...with the exception of #12 seeing that I'm a city mouse and don't have a barn loft they all speak to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And Kimy, the loft is the only one that was completed!!

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.