Thursday, December 14, 2006

Magic Cookie Bars



Doesn't chocolate go just perfectly with pizza? This recipe originally came from a friend of my daughter's when she was in elementary school. I think it has a lot of different names, but I'm quite fond of this one. They are "magically" delicious, and so easy to make.

Magic Cookie Bars

Turn oven on to 325º-350º. Put a stick of butter in a 9x13 pan, and put the pan in the oven. While it is melting, crush one of the inner packs in a box of graham crackers. Take out the pan, and sprinkle the crumbs over the butter. Then pour on a can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix together 1 cup coconut, 1 cup chopped walnuts, and 12 oz package of chocolate chips. Spread this mixture on top, and press down a bit. Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool before cutting.

1 comment:

  1. Nan,

    We called these Magic Cookie Bars where I grew up too, but in my husband's childhood home they were "Santa Snacks."

    Yummy, whatever you call them!

    ReplyDelete

I am really going to try and respond to your comments as soon as they come in! I'm so grateful for your notes.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.