Thursday, December 7, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies




Does the world need more chocolate chip cookie recipes? Well, it would seem so. I made these for the first time today, and they just may be the very best I've ever tasted. The recipe is from Alton Brown on the Food Network.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour; I used a mix of whole wheat and white
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of baking powder
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips; I used Ghiradelli bittersweet

Preheat oven to 350º-375º depending on your oven. He called for 375, but that seemed a bit too hot for my oven.

Sift together the flour, salt, soda, and powder.

In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, and vanilla and bring to room temperature.

Cream the butter (I used my KitchenAid), and add sugar. Then add egg mixture.

Slowly add flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Then add chocolate chips.

He suggests using parchment paper on the cookie sheets. I did, but I think you could make fine cookies without it.

Bake 13-15 minutes, checking after 5 minutes. Rotate cookie sheet for more even browning.

Cool on cooling racks.

The amount of cookies depends on the size you make them. I had a little over four dozen. Boy, are these ever good!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Yes, the world can always use another great CCC recipe! I'll definitely give this one a whirl. I used to use parchment paper and then I splurged and bought a couple of those Silpat cookie sheet liners. I love them!

    BTW, I meant to tell you that I love the color of your blog template. Feels like I'm at home in my kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what we needed!
    Now I'm off to bake them ready for home from school time..Thanks Nan

    ReplyDelete

I'll answer your comments as soon as I possibly can. Please do come back if you've asked a question.
Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.