Monday, July 27, 2009

Lily of the day/July 27

This is the only daylily whose name I know. It is called Little Fred, and I bought it in honor of a man Tom and I looked upon as a father.


  1. I love that name. It is so unexpected. All of these lilies have been so beautiful.

  2. Thanks so much for saying this, Book Psmith. (I smile each and every time I read 'your' name.)

  3. Isn't it funny that we can usually remember the name of a flower if it has a personal connection.? I too have been enjoying the daylily parade.

  4. Thanks, Lisa. I saw the name on a plant, and didn't even know what color the flower would be, yet bought it just for the name. :<) It is the only color we have like it.


Now that I am a grandmother, it seems that I am often late in replying to your most-appreciated comments. But I read them as soon as they come in, and I will write as soon as I can. Please do come back and check. I love these blogging conversations. A little addendum - I've just spent quite a long time catching up with dear notes you left me months ago!! I do hope you can get back to read them. And I'm trying to be much more prompt now!

Also, you may comment on any post, no matter how old, and I will see it.